Notice of Non-Affiliation and Disclaimer
Portapps is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Thunderbird™, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.
The official Thunderbird™ website can be found at https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/.
The name Thunderbird™ as well as related names, marks, emblems and images are registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Thunderbird™ portable app made with Portapps.
A free and open-source email client, news client and RSS client developed by the Mozilla Foundation.
|License||Mozilla Public License 2.0|
Download and install the latest portable setup where you want then run
If you have already installed Thunderbird™ from the original setup, move the following files :
thunderbird-portable.exe and remove Thunderbird™ from your computer.
For an upgrade, simply download and install the latest portable setup.
Some modifications have been made in this version of Thunderbird™ through distribution preferences to ensure portability :
- Multilingual : All languages are included in
app/langsand can be enabled in config file (see below).
- Disable updater : Thunderbird™ updates are turned off.
- Don’t check default mail client : Stops Thunderbird™ from checking if it is the default mail client at startup.
- Profile: Profile path is overrided to
- Disable WinSearch integration: Don’t use Windows Search to search for emails.
- Add-ons: Disable compatibility checking.
- ‘Know your rights’: Don’t show on first run.
- WhatsNew: Don’t show WhatsNew on first run after every update.
- Crash reporter: Disabled.
- Calendar: Official multilingual Calendar extension used to handle locales switching.
- GnuPG Agent: Automatically set GnuPG Agent path to be ready to use with Enigmail extension (see below).
Thunderbird™ portable can be configured through the main YAML configuration file :
app: multiple_instances: false disable_telemetry: false gnupg_agent_path: "" locale: en-US
multiple_instances: Allow multiple instances (default
disable_telemetry: If enabled, telemetry is not uploaded (default
gnupg_agent_path: Path to GnuPG agent
gpg.exe. If empty, Portapps will search in
PATHor will use the embedded version.
locale: Locale located in
app\langscan be used to change UI language without
Here is the list of known issues with this portapp:
JavasScript must be enabled to allow the generation of dynamic download links.
Otherwise you can download directly from the releases page on GitHub.