Notice of Non-Affiliation and Disclaimer
Portapps is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Thunderbird™, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.
The official Thunderbird™ website can be found at https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/.
The name Thunderbird™ as well as related names, marks, emblems and images are registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Thunderbird™ portable app made with Portapps.
A free and open-source email client, news client and RSS client developed by the Mozilla Foundation.
|License||Mozilla Public License 2.0|
Download and install the latest portable setup where you want then run
If you have already installed Thunderbird™ from the original setup, move the following files :
thunderbird-portable.exe and remove Thunderbird™ from your computer.
For an upgrade, simply download and install the latest portable setup.
Some modifications have been made in this version of Thunderbird™ through distribution preferences to ensure portability :
- Multilingual : All languages are included in
app/langsand can be enabled in config file (see below).
- Disable updater : Thunderbird™ updates are turned off.
- Don’t check default mail client : Stops Thunderbird™ from checking if it is the default mail client at startup.
- Profile: Profile path is overrided to
- Disable WinSearch integration: Don’t use Windows Search to search for emails.
- Add-ons: Disable compatibility checking.
- ‘Know your rights’: Don’t show on first run.
- WhatsNew: Don’t show WhatsNew on first run after every update.
- Crash reporter: Disabled.
- Calendar: Official multilingual Calendar extension used to handle locales switching.
- GnuPG Agent: Automatically set GnuPG Agent path to be ready to use with Enigmail extension (see below).
Thunderbird™ portable can be configured through the main YAML configuration file :
app: multiple_instances: false disable_telemetry: false gnupg_agent_path: "" locale: en-US
multiple_instances: Allow multiple instances (default
disable_telemetry: If enabled, telemetry is not uploaded (default
gnupg_agent_path: Path to GnuPG agent
gpg.exe. If empty, Portapps will search in
PATHor will use the embedded version.
locale: Locale located in
app\langscan be used to change UI language without
JavasScript must be enabled to allow the generation of dynamic download links.
Otherwise you can download directly from the releases page on GitHub.