Stormhen portable app made with Portapps.
Run Mozilla Thunderbird as a portable app.
|License||Mozilla Public License 2.0|
Download and install the latest portable setup where you want then run
If you have already installed Thunderbird from the original setup, move the following files :
stormhen-portable.exe and remove Thunderbird from your computer.
For an upgrade, simply download and install the latest portable setup.
Following a trademark violation report (#4) from Mozilla, Thunderbird portable has been named Stormhen portable on Portapps. Nothing changes except its name.
Some modifications have been made through distribution preferences to ensure portability:
- Multilingual : All languages are included in
app/langsand can be enabled in config file (see below).
- Disable updater : Thunderbird updates are turned off.
- Don’t check default mail client : Stops Thunderbird from checking if it is the default mail client at startup.
- Profile: Profile path is overrided to
- Disable WinSearch integration: Don’t use Windows Search to search for emails.
- Add-ons: Disable compatibility checking.
- ‘Know your rights’: Don’t show on first run.
- WhatsNew: Don’t show WhatsNew on first run after every update.
- Crash reporter: Disabled.
- Calendar: Official multilingual Calendar extension used to handle locales switching.
- GnuPG Agent: Automatically set GnuPG Agent path to be ready to use with Enigmail extension (see below).
Stormhen portable can be configured through the main YAML configuration file :
app: cleanup: true multiple_instances: false disable_telemetry: false gnupg_agent_path: "" locale: en-US
cleanup: Cleanup leftover folders (default
multiple_instances: Allow multiple instances (default
disable_telemetry: If enabled, telemetry is not uploaded (default
gnupg_agent_path: Path to GnuPG agent
gpg.exe. If empty, Portapps will search in
PATHor will use the embedded version.
locale: Locale located in
app\langscan be used to change UI language without
There is no known issues Please let us know if you found one!
JavasScript must be enabled to allow the generation of dynamic download links.
Otherwise you can download directly from the releases page on GitHub.