Phyrox ESR portable app made with Portapps.
Run Mozilla Firefox ESR as a portable app.
|License||Mozilla Public License 2.0|
Download and install the latest portable setup where you want then run
If you have already installed Firefox ESR from the original setup, move the following files :
phyrox-esr-portable.exe and remove Firefox ESR from your computer.
For an upgrade, simply download and install the latest portable setup.
Following a trademark violation report (#5) from Mozilla, Firefox ESR portable has been named Phyrox ESR portable on Portapps. Nothing changes except its name.
Some modifications have been made through policies to ensure portability:
- Multilingual : All languages are included in
app\langsand can be enabled in config file (see below).
- Disable updater : Firefox ESR updates are turned off.
- Don’t check default browser : Stops Firefox ESR from checking if it is the default browser at startup.
- ‘Know your rights’: Don’t show on first run.
- WhatsNew: Don’t show WhatsNew on first run after every update.
- Profile: Profile path is overrided to
data\profilefolder (see below).
- A shortcut is created at launch to allow native notifications and removed when Firefox is closed
Phyrox ESR portable can be configured through the main YAML configuration file:
app: profile: default multiple_instances: false disable_telemetry: false disable_firefox_studies: false locale: en-US cleanup: false
profile: Name of the profile created in
multiple_instances: Allow multiple instances (default
disable_telemetry: If enabled, Firefox ESR telemetry is not uploaded (default
disable_firefox_studies: If enabled, Firefox ESR will never run SHIELD studies or do Heartbeat surveys. (default
locale: Locale located in
app\langscan be used to change UI language without
cleanup: Cleanup leftover folders (default
Here is the list of known issues with this portapp:
JavasScript must be enabled to allow the generation of dynamic download links.
Otherwise you can download directly from the releases page on GitHub.